|“||Gunter, do you even love me?||”|
Gunter (or Gunther) is the name Ice King gives to whatever penguin servant he is around. As the Ice King has a large number of male and female penguins, the Ice King does not address Gunter as specifically male or female, but changes depending on the penguin. Gunter has been confirmed to be a variety of penguins by Natasha Allegric and Andy Ristaino.
In FusionFall, despite their friendship, the Ice King and Gunter have been having a few BFF issues in the new mission, Penguin Plans, part of the "FusionFall Adventure: Ice King Invasion." Ice King accuses Gunter of stealing princesses and Gunter denies it, starting a dispute between the two. After not being able to get through to Gunter, Ice King sends the hero to locate his missing penguin servants. There the hero discovers that that Fusion Gunter is behind the whole thing, kidnapping the penguins and impersonating Gunter to trick Ice King. The hero defeats Fusion Gunter, making an Ice King Nano and clearing Gunter's name, ending the "FusionFall Adventure: Ice King Invasion."
Fusionfall HeroesIn Fusionfall Heroes, Gunter is an ally that can be summoned by Frosting Fionna. He attacks by throwing glass bottles at monsters, and can mutilpy himself to a maximum of five Gunters.
- One Gunter likes to break bottles.
- Although his (or her) name is spelled "Gunter" it's has sometime been pronounced "Gunther," and "Goon-ter."
- It's possible that Gunter's name, like that of Billy's sword, "Nothung," was cribbed from Richard Wagner's Der Ring des Nibelungen, in which Gunther (mod. German "Günter") is a minor character.
- Before his NPC was released, he had a Tee shirt that you could get from Stanley the watermelon.
- In the lair of his Fusion, there are multiple captured penguins, but two that shouldn't have escaped can be seen outside their holding cell.