FusionFall Retro (abbreviated as Retro or FFR) is an unofficial remake of the Cartoon Network MMO FusionFall, crafted over the span of a year by a team of devoted fans. FusionFall Retro is under the FusionFall Universe banner, which also contains FusionFall Legacy.
There was originally planned to be a three-day closed beta, tested by forum users who got randomly chosen to receive the special key. With the need to overhaul the game client, delaying Retro by several months, the team opted to initially publish the first four levels of the Future . However, it will not contain trading, groups, buddies, eggs, races, or croc pots.
A demo of the game was released in the days following August 1, 2017, after database issues hampered the originally intended date.
Differences from FusionFall
As FusionFall Retro will use the January 2010 client, none of the missions, NPCs, or other content added after then will be available. These are a few of the distinctions from the final update of the original:
- The Future will be used as the beginning area instead of The Academy.
- Level 1 monsters will drop C.R.A.T.E.S, containing attire from Character Creation as well as unused outfits.
- Only the original 36 Nanos will be available.
- FusionFall Adventures will not be present.
- No FreshTV shows will appear, at the legal request of that company.
- As stated before, FusionFall Retro will not be browser-based. Instead, it will share a client-based downloadable launcher with FusionFall Legacy.
Additionally, any page marked with or in this category will not be available.